GENOA WALKING TOUR
Descrizione del tour:
This visit consists of a local walk in the narrow alleyways, nicknamed “caruggi”. We shall stop at:
* Porta Soprana, the 12th century original city gate where you can seeChristopher Columbus’ birthplace nearby (external view only).
* Palazzo Ducale, once the residence of the Genoese Doge and seat of government of the Genoese Maritime Republic.
* Saint Lawrence Cathedral with the chapel of Saint John the Baptist (it contains the ashes of the saint).
* The baroque Church of Jesus, a splendid examples of gold, marble, stucco decorations and various paintings including two masterpieces by Rubens.
* The Old Port area with Palazzo San Giorgio nearby, where according to an old tradition Marco Polo dictated his famous book “The Million”.
* Genoa’s waterfront,which recently was redesigned by our famous architect Renzo Piano who also designed the Aquarium.
* Strada Nuova (now Garibaldi street), whose beautiful 16th century Palaces are partof the UNESCO World Heritage.
This tour can be modified according to your request
We end with a sweet note: a good Italian “caffé” espresso and a ‘focaccia’ slice.
This guided tour can be adapted to people with disabilities making minimal changes. It is also possible to rent, through your guide, a trishaw with driver able to enter the narrow alleys of the historic center.
Info and reservations:
+39 335 702 8483